Training objectives and expected learning outcomes
The course contributes to the achievement of the educational objectives of the course in Foreign Languages and Literatures, and in particular to the acquisition of historical and critical knowledge of Italian literature in its linguistic, cultural and humanistic value, contributing to the training of citizens and their integration into the world of work, with particular reference to the areas of teaching and communication.
Knowledge and comprehension. At the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- to place the main works of modern and contemporary Italian literature in their historical and cultural horizon
- recognize and decode the literary use of the language, the characteristics of the text and its metrical structure.
- to analyze a literary text in its authorial, stylistic, rhetorical, translatory and philological dimensions.
Autonomy of judgment. At the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- To discuss the literary value of a text, grasping its lexical, metrical and rhetorical peculiarities.
Communicative skills. At the end of the course the student must be able to:
- use the basic tools of literary criticism to illustrate a literary text
- reflect and express themselves on specific aspects of the history, literature and Italian culture of the twentieth century.