The course pursues the general objective of the course of study to provide knowledge and skills regarding the European Economic Policy.
In particular, the analytical tools to understand the most relevant characteristics of the European Monetary Union (EMU). In addition, on the basis of what is taught the student will be able to understand, interpret and envisage the consequences of the economic policies at the EMU and extra-EMU levels.
At the end of the course the student must possess knowledge and skills to understand and interpret the European economic and political context (Eurozone in particular), in accordance with the educational objectives of the Study Course.
To this end the course proposes to transmit the following skills and knowledge:
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ABILITY
- Understands the optimal currency theory
- Knows the process of European Union construction
- Understands the costs and benefits of a monetary union
- Analyses the consequences of symmetric and asymmetrc economic shocks
- Analyses the consequences of temporary and permanent economic shocks
- Analyses the monetary policies in a monetary union
- Analyses the fiscal policies in a monetary union
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING (applied)
- Uses analytical models and graphical analysis to understand and interpret and economic policies in the context of the European Union, with a particular focus on the Eurozone
AUTONOMY OF JUDGMENT:
- Ties macroeconomic models to economic policies or the European Union and the Eurozone
- Identifies the consequences of economic policies for the economy
- develops (even in oral form) an autonomous discourse on the main European economic policy topics
- uses the technical language of the Economic Policy
ABILITY TO LEARN
- carries out individual and group research on specific aspects of the discipline
- compares its own competences with recent analyses and with the economic policies adopted in the context of the European Union and Eurozone.