- The basic introductory concepts necessary for a good understanding of database models, systems, and languages.
- Databases, typical users, and DBMS concepts, terminology, and architecture.
- The conceptual database design and the concepts of the Entity-Relationship (ER) model and ER diagrams,
- The relational data model,
- The operations of the relational algebra
- The SQL standard
- Some of the basic parts of the SQL standard for relational databases, including data definition, data modification
operations, and simple SQL queries.
- More complex SQL queries, views, and schema modification.