The course will contribute to the general objectives of the degree course aiming at the formation of professionals able to link a continuously evolving technology and the sphere of business strategies. In this perspective it is intended to provide the students with a basic understanding of the changes that the diffusion of the Internet is imposing to the economic system and to business behaviour. Particular relevance will be given to case studies as instruments to solicit the practical application of the theoretical knowledge acquired
1) Knowledge and understanding.
At the end of the course the students will have the cognitive instruments to:
- understand and interpret the structural and competitive features of the markets related to the Internet platforms;
- describe and critically discuss the most relevant aspects of their impact on economic systems.
2) Applying knowledge and understanding.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- analyse and critically discuss documents and case studies related to specific aspects of the Internet Economy and of its markets;
- apply the acquired knowledge to simplified contexts and problems, proposing solutions and discussing the implications.
3) Communication skills.
At the end of the course, students will have acquired the following communication skills:
- understanding the relationships between the economic and the managerial language in the field of Internet Economy
- explain and critically discuss problems related to Internet markets;
- summarize and explain the contents of reports and documents on the Internet Economy;
- interact with experts in technology, economics and management in discussions on topics of common interest.