Sociology from its origins to the present day;
• genesis of modern society as a result of the modernization process;
• the rise of the two sociological research paradigms: positivism and weberian sociology;
• authors and the theories on the structure of modern society and its characteristics ,
• analysis of the concepts of division of labor, social classes, anomie; power; social action.
• Referring the 20th century and the contemporary society: the emergence of the middle class, the social inclusion issue, the rise of the Welfare State; the socio-demographic transformations of contemporary society, up to globalization and the risk society issues.
• Lastly the analysis of methods and techniques of social research.