TRAINING OBJECTIVES AND OBJECTIVES
The course aims to provide students with a broad knowledge of the issues of European private law and aims to make them understand the impact and extent of Community law on national law, in particular in the field of private law, through the analysis of secondary legislation and Community and national case-law in certain areas of particular relevance with particular emphasis on consumer law and responsibility.
RESULTS OF LEARNING ATTENDED
At the end of the teaching the student must possess knowledges and inherent competences:
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ABILITY
The purpose of the discipline is to provide students with a knowledge of the general concepts of European private law and to enable them to learn the basic notions of the main institutions. Especially:
- The student is familiar with the The student Knows issues of internal and Community legislative sources and their hierarchy; he is familiar with the role of the Court of Justice’s jurisprudence and its function in national law; he is aware of the changes made under European Union law to the rules on contracts and civil liability, especially in relation to consumer contracts and environmental liability.
-The student understands issues relating to internal and Community legislative sources and their hierarchy; includes the role of the Court of Justice’s jurisprudence and its function in national law; includes amendments made under European Union law to the rules on contracts and civil liability, especially in relation to consumer contracts and environmental liability.
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING (applied)
- The student uses the knowledge acquired by applying it in the qualification of a concrete case which can be analysed in the light of the Italian-Community system of sources
- The student selects the legal instruments necessary to meet the needs arising from economic reality, in particular consumer bargaining.
AUTONOMY OF JUDGMENT:
-The student interprets a text of European Union law and assesses the legal consequences arising both in the regulatory system and in private relations.
- The student expresses analytical considerations and of synthesis on the fundamental aspects of the guidelines and he/she effects connections among the various institutes.
- The student applies the notions acquired to the concrete circumstances and in degree to point out the preferable solution and to orient among more proposed solutions
-The student knows and understands language of Community legislature and uses it.
ABILITY TO LEARN
The student carries out individual and group research on specific aspects of the discipline and directs itself in the deepening of specific themes