The exam method is an oral test designed to verify the results of the expected learning, in accordance with the educational and specific objectives of the course. The oral examination is placed at the end of the course, after having achieved the attendance to the same, according to a schedule established and published on the University web page at the beginning of the academic year. The outcome of the test is evaluated as the result of learning the specific and training objectives, such as knowledge and understanding, capacity for logical integration and application. At the end of the test the teacher will form an opinion expressed in terms of Italian grades and their correspondent European Credit Transfer System grade (In Italian Universities grades are given on the basis of 30 points).
1) Rating 30 - 30 cum laude (corresponding to ECTS grade A): Excellent knowledge and understanding of the subjects, ability to reason and logical integration of the acquired knowledge. If the student, who has achieved this evaluation, demonstrates autonomy of judgment, high communication skills and autonomous learning skills, a laude can be added by the commision.
2) Rating 27 - 29 (corresponding to ECTS grade B): Good knowledge and understanding of the topics with some non-serious inaccuracies and with a good capacity for logical integration and judgment.
3) Rating: 23 - 26 (corresponding to ECTS grade C): Discrete knowledge and understanding of the topics and, despite some gaps in the ability to integrate and apply knowledge.
4) Rating 20 - 22 (corresponding to ECTS grade D): Knowledge and understanding of the arguments fully sufficient, although there are clear gaps, which are reflected in a reduced capacity for integration, logic and application.
5) Rating 18 - 19 (corresponding to ECTS grade E): Knowledge and understanding of the topics with serious and evident gaps, with limited integrative and applicative skills, but which also allow the passing of the exam.
N.B. For Integrated Courses (exams covering more than one module or course unit) a single exam will be held and a final grade given.