1) Physical quantity, measurement, scalar and vectorial quantities, measure units, base units, errors.
1) Kinematics: position, displacement, velocity, acceleration, trajectory, linear motion, two-dimensional motion: projectile motion, circular motion, harmonic motion.
2) Dynamics: mass, Newton’s laws, forces (gravitational force, electric force, elastic force, molecular forces, friction).
3) Work, work and kinetic energy, conservative forces, potential energy, mechanical energy conservation. nonconservative forces and energy.
4) Momentum, systems of particles, conservation of momentum, Inelastic and elastic collisions.
6) Simple harmonic oscillator. The mass-spring system. Simple pendulum. Energy of the harmonic oscillator. Damped and driven oscillator. Resonance.
7) Rigid body rotating around a fixed axis: rotational variables, moment of inertia, torque, rotational form of Newton's second law, kinetic energy of rotation. Equilibrium.
8) Rotational momentum. Conservation of rotational momentum.
1) Fluid statics: pressure, hydrostatic pressure. Pascal’s law. Archimedes’ Principle.
2) Fluid dynamics: flow, continuity equation. Bernoulli’s equation. Laminar flow. Viscosity.
Transverse Mechanical Waves. The Mathematical Expression for a Sinusoidal Wave. The Principle of Superposition for Waves. Interference of Waves. Standing waves. Acoustic waves.
1) Thermodynamic system. Heating, cooling, and temperature. Ideal Gases. First law of thermodynamics.
2) Engines. Second law of thermodynamics.
1) Electric Charge. Coulomb's Law. Electric Field. Gauss' Law. Electric Potential. Conductors. Capacitance. Capacitors. Dielectrics.Electric dipole.
2) Current. Ohm’s laws. Direct current circuits. Batteries and energy.
3) Magnetic field. Biot Savart law, Ampère's circuital law. Magnetic field of a current, magnetic field of a solenoid.
4) Lorentz force, motion of a charge in a uniform magnetic field, Laplace force, magnetic dipole.
5) Magnetic flux. Faraday-Neumann-Lenz law.
6) Maxwell’s equation. Electromagnetic waves.
1) Geometrical optics: reflection and refraction.
2) Diffraction and the wave theory of light. Interference. Young's interference experiment. Diffraction by a double slit. Diffraction gratings.