-Pharmaceutical technology: definition
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics: Bioavailability and therapeutic effect. Chemical and biological equivalence. Factors that affect the bioavailability. Kinetics of the processes of absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination in relation to routes of drug administration. Curves of blood levels and pharmacokinetic parameters: biological half-life , absorption and elimination constants , apparent volume of distribution. Evaluation of clearance of a drug. Non- compartmental and compartmental models .
Techniques of preparation, routinely control tests and biopharmaceutical evaluations of solid dosage forms: powders, granules, tablets, capsules.
-Continuous Manufacturing Processes
-Ethyl alcohol: definition and determination of the alcohol content.
- Natural extracts for the pharmaceutical industry .
The aqueous and non – aqueous solutions.
-Water for pharmaceutical use.
-Preparations for ophthalmic use .
-Preparations for parenteral use .
-Syrups and elixirs.
-Interfacial phenomena: surface tension and surfactants. Disperse systems : wettability , flocculation , sedimentation.
- Colloidal dispersions.
- Emulsions and suspensions.
-Rheology: Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids. Thixotropy. Viscosity
determination methods. Creep test. Measures in oscillatory.
-The semi-solid dosage forms. Percutaneous absorption: theoretical principles
-Preparations for dermatological use: chemical-physical features, and classification of the excipients used.
-Rectal and vaginal drug delivery
-Pulmonary drug delivery
- Stability and stabilization of drugs
- Homeopathy and homeopathic preparations: formulation and legislative aspects .
Powders and Capsules, Dermal semisolid preparations, emulsions, suspensions, syrups, suppositories.
-European Pharmacopoeia .
-The Pharmaceutical Service
-The prescription: definition and classification, the obligations of the pharmacist
- Medicinal products for veterinary use
-Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances:
-Good Manufacture Practices.
-Generics: current regulations on production and marketing.
-Off-label use for pharmaceutical drugs
-Procedures for authorizing the production of the active ingredients and medicinal products for human and veterinary use.
- Cosmetics legislation
- Classification of medical devices
-Botanicals : pharmaceutical and legislation overwiev
- Labeling , packaging and advertising of medicines