Training objectives and expected learning outcomes.
The course contributes to the achievement of the educational objectives of the course of study in Linguistic Mediation and Intercultural Communication, and aims in particular to the acquisition of historical and critical knowledge of Italian literature of the twentieth century in its formal, linguistic and cultural aspects, contributing to the training of citizens and its inclusion in the world of work, with particular reference to the areas of teaching and communication.
Knowledge and comprehension. At the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- to place the main works of modern and contemporary Italian literature in their historical-cultural horizon
- recognize and decode the literary use of the language, the techniques of hybridization (pastiche), the characteristics of the text and its metrical structure.
- to analyze a literary text in its stylistic, rhetorical, translatory and philological dimensions.
- To observe closely the relationship between translation and tradition, and the impact of poetry on the form of discourse.
Autonomy of judgment. At the end of the course the student must be able to:
- to discuss the literary value of a text, grasping its lexical, metrical, rhetorical and translatory peculiarities.
Communicative skills. At the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- use the basic tools of literary criticism to illustrate a literary text
- reflect and express themselves on specific aspects of the history, literature and Italian culture of the twentieth century.