This course pursues the general objective of the course of study to provide knowledge and skills regarding the conditions that underlie the processes of improvement and value creation in companies. The general objectives of the course are:
1) Recognize the tensions (Profitability-Growth, Short-term-Long-term, Centralization-Decentralization) that make the performance a complex and multidimensional concept.
2) Identify the conditions necessary to harmonize the different tensions in order to make value creation possible and siustainable.
Expected learning outcomes
At the end of the course the student must possess knowledge and skills related to the processes of improvement and value creation. The objective is to contribute to the formation of a professional figure of controller (envisaged in the Course of Study) of private companies, both as an internal profile and as an external consultant.
To this end this course proposes to transmit the following skills and knowledge:
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ABILITY
1) Identify and distinguish the internal and external causes that fuel tensions.
2) Recognize the peculiarities of the different tensions.
3) Distinguish the different management styles in relation to improvement and value creation processes.
1) Interpret and evaluate management styles with respect to their ability to resolve tensions.
2) Identify the conditions of harmonization of the different tensions.
ABILITY TO LEARN
1) Assess the most recent developments in performance management studies published in journals and sector monographs in a conscious manner.