The social pedagogy course aims to provide basic theoretical, conceptual and practical-design knowledge useful within the different social training contexts, with particular regard to the complexity of the social phenomenon and the different categories individuals, families, social contexts, places of training and education, immigration, aggregation centers, childhood, women, the elderly, social exclusion, community and territoriality. The training objectives that are to be pursued are:
1) Knowledge of social pedagogy in its historical, social, cultural and political reflections.
2) Knowledge of the main theories on deviance and crime and knowledge of emotional problems in a family context in specific theories about childhood attachment.
3) Knowledge of methods and tools of social education, with particular reference to reflexive, narrative and dialogue techniques in the field of the prevention of discomfort and deviant behaviour in both social and family settings, with particular regard to the pedagogy of the family and support for parenting in the changed social and family context.
4) Encourage the birth and consolidation of a 'culture of prevention of hardship and social promotion' from a practical-design perspective.
In particular, the expected skills:
1) KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
- know and apply the main reference theories to specific cases;
- acquire empathic and relational skills in humanitarian professions;
- acquire skills related to active listening and establish relational trust;
2)ABILITY TO APPLY KNOOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
- ability to design and design services for the person in light of the theoretical constructs learned;
- skills in the management of skills and actions within multidisciplinary team groups, improving their respective skills and peculiarities.
3) AUTONOMY OF JUDGMENT:
- apply knowledge critically with practical cases;
- Reflexivity and critical thinking from the point of view of complexity.
4) COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Applying narrative and hermeneutic dialogue models;
- narrative and interview techniques;
- effective and empathetic communication.
5) LEARNING CAPACITY:
- develop learning autonomy also through in-depth individual or group work;
- ability to develop theoretical connections and interdisciplinary practices.