The teaching provides advanced knowledge of one of the possible areas of intervention for the specialist social worker, in particular of
communication as a process of generating and resolving re-generation of conflicting relational structures and mediation as a further professional
tool for diagnosing complex social needs. (family, school, community, justice) and intervention in their specific conditions (separation-divorce,
violence and abuse, adolescence, peer group and bullying, juvenile criminal offenses, urban insecurity, multicultural integration).
Knowledge and ability to understand
At the end of the course, the student must know:
- theory and research in Sociology of the conflict;
- theory and research in Sociology of interpersonal cultural and communicative processes;
- communication as a mediation;
- social mediation;
- national and international configuration of social mediation;
- family mediation;
- national and international configuration of family mediation;
- current topics and future orientations of social and family mediation.
Autonomy of judgment
At the end of the course the student must be able to recognize the communicative origin of the conflicts and and the cases in which
mediation can be applied.
At the end of the course the student must know how to use the sociological language of conflict, of communication and the technical
language of social mediation.