The teaching is part of the general objective of the course of study and aims to provide the student with an overview of the evolutionary processes of both the western and global economies between the eighteenth and twenty-first centuries.
Particular attention will be paid to the study of Italian economic development.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
At the end of the course the student must be able to:
- recognize the phases and dynamics of development in the different historical periods and geographical contexts;-recognize the peculiarities in the historical periods considered and the authors of development;
- identify the policies adopted by governments in crisis contexts, using appropriate and relevant terminology.
APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- identify the stages of the historical development of national and world economic systems;
- identify the policies adopted by governments in the development and crisis phases.
At the end of the course the student will have acquired the following
- know how to expose and discuss critically also the phases of the historical development of national and world economic systems.