The course pursues the general objective of the master’degree to provide knowledge and skills for executive functions in the economic-financial area of private or public companies.
At the end of the course, the student is able to use the R software for the analysis of economic and/ or financial data, to conduct exploratory data analysis on economic phenomena of interest.
To this end the course proposes to transmit the following skills and knowledge:
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
At the end of the course, students will be able to
• Acquiring an understanding of R, a popular statistical software that is increasingly being used in business and desired by employers
• Gaining experience in using R software to execute various functions
• Acquisition and manipulation of economic and financial data
• Applying statistical methods using real economic data
• Integrating software and economic/statistical knowledge by producing high-quality written reports.
AUTONOMY OF JUDGMENT:
The student will be able to analyze and evaluate the main statistics and graphic tools obtained with the use of the statistical software R.
At the end of the course, students will be able to communicate the results of the statistical analyses and the logical reasoning.
ABILITY TO LEARN
At the end of the course, students will be able to carry out individual and group research according to the research objectives that he wants to achieve (tools used: notes, in-depth texts, group exercises in a multimedia classroom using the R software)