The course deals with the issues concerning the organizational problems of the company. The course aims to provide (a) a summary of the activity of corporate organizational planning through a study of paths and (b) the analytical tools of the constitutive and evolutionary aspects of the industrial sectors and of the external environment that influence the activity of organization planning.
The course provides students with the basic tools for the governance and management of organizations, devoting a module also to international organizations. In particular, students must acquire:
- knowledge of the tools for analyzing the competitive business environment
- knowledge of the methods for designing and implementing the organizational structure models.
- Understanding and solving critical situations in the organization's reference environment in terms of uncertainty and dependent on resources
- knowledge of interorganizational dynamics, and the main theories
- recognition of the structural linking mechanisms, of IT, of the main organizational control systems
- knowledge of individual and group decision making dynamics
Expected learning outcomes:
* Knowledge and ability to understand the organization, discernment and selection of the best organizational design alternatives in terms of structures, cultures and leadership skills
At the end of the course, the student must possess the basic notions to plan an organization at the organizational level in conditions of economic, social and environmental sustainability.
Specifically, the student must:
- know how to apply the tools for planning the organization and correctly interpret the results;
- recognize and evaluate the critical issues due to organizational dysfunctions
- resolving corporate organizational problems by implementing operational solutions
* Autonomy of judgment *
The student will have to develop his own autonomy of judgment in evaluating alternatives of: corporate governance according to the criteria of organizational, social and environmental sustainability.
* Communication skills *
Finally, the student will have to make communication skills his own. In particular, it will have to develop: the terminology and the ability to understand the theoretical and applicative aspects of teaching; of the hard and soft variables that regulate its operation; of the determinants of the behavior of the people within the organizations, and of the main tools that the company has to measure and increase its value.