Applied Biology module
describe the organization of cells;
- biological macromolecules
- illustrating the structure of biological membranes and cell-environment interactions;
- describe the processes of mitosis, meiosis, duration of the phases and regulation of the cell cycle;
- structure of the Nucleic Acids structure, illustrating the general characteristics of DNA.
Describe the flow of genetic information from one cell generation to another and describe DNA replication and repair. Describe the various levels of DNA organization in the cell. To illustrate the organization of the genome and of the extracellular DNA;
- to illustrate the general characteristics of the RNA, knowing how to describe the flow of information within the cell, demonstrating that it understood the problems of transcription, of the Genetic Code, of the Protein Synthesis;
- regulation of Gene Expression in prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
- asexual and sexual reproduction. Spermatogenesis. Oogenesis. fertilization
- cellular communication
- ATP synthesis in cells, cell respiration
- know the main generalities on viruses and bacter
Human Anatomy module
location and topography. Structure and function of the valves. Functional anatomy of the circulatory system: arteries, veins and capillaries. The small circulation and the great circulation. Aorta and its primary branches of division. Lymphatic system: general characteristics of the lymphatic circulation. Lymph node stations of the head, neck, thorax, upper limb and lower limb. Main lymphatic trunks. Lymph nodes. Spleen: form, position, relationships and structure.
Nose, nasopharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi and pulmonary parenchyma.Pleure and respiratory mechanics
Vestibule of the mouth, oral cavity, pharynx, esophagus and stomach. Small intestine (duodenum, jejunum and ileum), large intestine. Liver and biliary ways. Pancreas.
Kidney, calyxes and renal pelvis. Ureters. Urinary bladder. Male and female urethra.Male Genital SystemTesticles. Spermatic ways. External genital organs.Female
Ovary. Genital ways. External genital organs.
Endocrine systemPituitary, Thyroid, Adrenal: in a general manner.
- Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Cellular organelles and cytoskeleton
- Extracellular matrix
- Cell junctions
- Active and passive transport mechanisms
- Cell cycle
- Epithelial tissue
- Exocrine and endocrine glandular epithelial tissue
- Connective tissues
- Cartilaginous tissue
- Bone tissue
- Hemopoietic and lymphatic tissue
- Muscle tissue
- Nervous tissue
- Tissue embryological development: Stages of the life cycle - Gametogenesis - Development of the gonads - Spermatogenesis - Ovogenesis - Fertilization - Segmentation - Gastrulation - Embryonic sheets - fetus development
.Internship of APPLIED MEDICAL TECHNIQUE SCIENCESTHE LABORATORY (basic techniques)-
DNA and RNA extraction- Quantization of DNA and RNA- DNA electrophoresis on agarose gel and polyacrylamide- Molecular hybridization- - Chain Reaction Reaction with Real Time technology (outline)- Analysis of the nucleotide sequence of DNA- Overview of gene cloning- Overview of in vitro mutagenesis- Overview of the vectors useful for gene therapy-Microarray