The teaching of Methods and Techniques of Social Work adheres to the professional profile of the Degree Course, sharing its general objectives through a thematic articulation of its topics, which will be presented and analyzed as the main methodological and operational aspects of welfare in its relational, institutional, professional and operational dimension. The educational objectives of the course are to acquire adequate knowledge:
1) of the "competence to act" typical of welfare professionalism;
2) the protection of the person in all forms of hardship required by the regulations and by the application studies on social change;
3) the perspective of planning and social intervention for social and health integration and personal protection.
In addition, themes and models of the profession of social worker will be examined in depth, such as role identity, documentation, the relationship and process of the help, professional interview, home visit and the appropriate application of research tools and methods and social intervention typical of the different areas of social and health integration.
At the end of the course, the Student will have to possess knowledge and competences concerning the role identity of the aid professional, the network methodology, the criteria of trifocality and subsidiarity of the professional system of social services put into practice, the techniques of interaction and social and relational intervention on the person, in line with the formation of a professional figure in charge of individual social planning and intervention on the person in the different areas of the socio-health integration of the welfare system services.
Knowledge and understanding skills
- has a professional knowledge of the figure of the Social Assistant and of the professional methodology and techniques used in the Social Service
- has a wide theoretical knowledge of interaction models, assessment and design of interventions to the person
- distinguishes the different social policies and interventions according to the areas of correspondence and related needs
Autonomy of judgment
- connects problems and social needs to the related professionals response methods
- autonomously interprets the relationship between theoretical models and applied interventions
- compares the knowledge acquired with the most recent approaches, orienting and updating the overall picture on teaching issues
- carries out in an oral form the general and specific considerations on the course topics, showing that they are connected in an interdisciplinary way
- It uses the disciplinary language of welfare and social policies
- Expresses concepts on the topics of the course and carries out personal reflections in a congruous and appropriate manner with respect to what has been learned.